LVMH Fragrance Brands pays particular attention to the processing, confidentiality and safety of your personal data.
This aim of this privacy charter is to provide you with clear, simple and complete information about how we process the personal data you give us or the data we may collect while you are browsing our website, how it may be transferred to third parties and your rights and options to control your personal information and protect your privacy.
LVMH Fragrance Brands, a simplified joint stock company with headquarters located at 77 rue Anatole France 92300 Levallois-Perret, France, registered in the Nanterre trade and companies register under no. 572 082 253, is the data controller of personal data collected on the website www.givenchybeauty.com in the sense of regulations applying to personal data, in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data (hereinafter the "GDPR").
I. What is personal data?
Personal data is any information about an identified physical person or a physical person that may be directly or indirectly identified via an identification number or one or more elements particular to them, such as their last name, first name, date of birth, customer number, order number, photo, etc.
II. When can we collect your personal data?
We can collect your personal data when you:
- make purchases in stores;
- join our loyalty program;
- use our online services, such as the chat service;
- agree to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, SMS or post, depending on your selection;
- answer surveys or satisfaction questionnaires based on your customer experience;
- interact with our Company via its official page on social networks or when we suggest re-use of content that you have published on a social network;
- contact our customer service;
- send requests for information to our Company;
- take part in an event we organise;
- browse on the Internet using cookies or similar technology or when you click on advertisements for our products.
III. What personal data might we collect?
(i) As part of the services we provide, we may need to collect certain data directly from you using electronic forms on our website, mobile apps or in selected stores, or in paper form, for a range of purposes (see IV for a list of processing purposes).
Information we might collect includes:
- Your identity
- Your contact details (e.g. email address)
- Your personal preferences in relation to the products we market or to our website (language);
- Information relating to your orders, their tracking and your purchase invoices;
- Information you may provide for our customer service;
- Specific health data if you notify us of any undesirable side-effects concerning any of our products;
Personal data essential to LVMH Fragrance Brands is marked with an asterisk on all personal data collection forms on our website, in electronic form at some of our counters and stores, as well as off-line in paper form. If you do not fill in these compulsory fields, LVMH Fragrance Brands will probably be unable to respond to your request and/or provide you with the requested services. Other information is optional and enables us to get to know you better and improve our communications and services with respect to you.
(ii) We may also collect certain data generated by your purchases of products or services, online or in stores, particularly information regarding the amount and type of your purchases.
(iii) Lastly, we may collect information regarding the use of our website, especially with respect to your browsing (pages visited, links clicked, etc.). Some of this information may be collected using cookies placed in your web browser when you browse our website. For more information about cookies, read point xxx of this policy.
IV. For what purpose is your personal data collected and used?
LVMH Fragrance Brands processes your data to:
- enable you to create a customer account on our website, applications and at our counters and in our stores;
- record purchases made at our counters or in our stores;
- manage customer relations with respect to any requests for information or complaints you may send us via our website, customer service or social network pages;
- manage our loyalty program;
- trace and manage any alerts you may send us as part of our cosmetic vigilance obligations;
- manage and optimise your customer experience by improving our knowledge of our customers;
- propose appropriate, tailored services, particularly when we enhance our products and services;
- conduct statistical analyses to develop management, measuring and reporting tools in order to adjust and improve our sales, marketing and product manufacturing;
- subject to your consent, send you information on our offers, news and events on your chosen communication media;
- manage your participation in any events to which you have signed up;
V. What legal grounds legitimise the processing of your data?
LVMH Fragrance Brands processes your personal information:
- to perform the contract agreed between yourself and LVMH Fragrance Brands, to manage your access to your customer account and to process and track your orders;
- within the framework of its legitimate interest for the purposes of marketing management, securing its digital media (websites, applications, etc.) and combating fraud;
- when you have given your consent for the processing of your data, especially for the purposes of managing our sales prospection, and of your browsing data via cookies, etc.
- within the framework of compliance with our legal obligations, particularly fiscal obligations (conserving purchase invoices) and cosmetic vigilance with regard to Regulation (EU) 1223/2009 of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products;
VI. Who are the recipients of your personal data?
Your personal data is processed by the personnel of LVMH Fragrance Brands Limited. We ensure that only authorised persons within LVMH Fragrance Brands Limited have access to your personal data when this is necessary for the purpose of managing our commercial relations or meeting our legal obligations.
We may also share your personal data with;
- other LVMH Fragrance Brands subsidiaries in United Kingdom or abroad, as well as with our parent company LVMH Fragrance Brands SAS in France;
- other entities of the LVMH Group, with some of these entities acting as data processors;
- subcontractors, such as:
site hosting and maintenance service providers and the providers of our electronic personal data collection solutions at counters and in stores;
marketing solution service providers;
sales prospection and social network communication service providers;
customer service providers;
service providers for managing cosmetic vigilance alerts;
event organisation service providers;
Lastly, LVMH FRAGRANCE BRANDS LIMITED may need to share your personal data with third parties to meet its legal, regulatory or treaty obligations, or to respond to requests from authorised legal authorities.
VII. Transferring data abroad
Some recipients of your personal data may be located abroad, including outside of the European Economic Area.
All data transfers outside of the European Economic Area are subject to appropriate guarantees, especially contractual, technical and organisational guarantees, that comply with applicable regulations relating to the protection of personal data.
VIII. How long do we keep your data?
Legal periods of retention defined by LVMH Fragrance Brands comply with the recommendations of supervisory authority and/or the legal obligations covering LVMH Fragrance Brands.
IX. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
Under current regulations, particularly the GDPR, you have the right to access and correct your personal data, request erasure, object to processing on legitimate grounds and obtain limitation or portability, insofar as this is applicable.
“These rights can be directly exercised with LFB by email via the Contact section or by post to the following address: Parfums Givenchy RGPD - Service Qualité 7 avenue Montaigne – BP 742 60 007 Beauvais Cedex, accompanied by proof of identification”.
If, at any time, you no longer wish to receive details of our offers, news and events, you can unsubscribe using the hypertext link provided for this purpose in each mail we send you. You can also telephone us on +44 20 76 602 924 (landline charges apply) or send a non-registered letter to Parfums Givenchy RGPD -Service Qualité 7 avenue Montaigne – BP 742 60 007 Beauvais Cedex.
You may also lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
X. Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) and your right to lodge a complaint
For all questions relating to the collection and processing of your data by LVMH Fragrance Brands, you can contact the LVMH Fragrance Brands Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
NOTICE ABOUT COOKIE MANAGEMENT
This Notice about cookies applies when visiting the website available at https://www.givenchybeauty.com which belongs to Parfums Givenchy (hereinafter “Parfums
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Subject to your choices, when visiting the Website, a text file may be placed on your device (computer, smartphone, tablet), courtesy of your web browser.
This text file is a cookie. During its validity or registration period, it will allow the sender to identify your device on future visits.
Some cookies are essential for using the Website, others optimize and personalize the contents displayed.
WHO SENDS THE COOKIES ON OUR WEBSITE?
Cookies that may be saved to your device when you visit the Website pages are issued by Parfums Givenchy and/or third parties. Only the cookie issuer is likely to read or modify the information contained within it.
Cookies sent by Parfums Givenchy are mainly related to the operation of the Website.
The others are third party cookies sent by our partners or advertising agencies, via the advertisements shown on our Website.
Parfums Givenchy makes every effort to ensure that third-party cookies are issued and used in compliance with the applicable regulations.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE COOKIES ISSUED VIA THE WEBSITE?
Subject to your choices, various cookies may be installed on your device for the purposes detailed below. For the sake of transparency and in as much depth as possible, we inform you of the purposes of the third-party cookies that we are aware of, and the ways in which you can make choices about these cookies. All cookies may be cross-referenced with your customer data in order to personalize your experience, limit commercial interaction, ensure the proper functioning of your loyalty benefits, improve our services and guarantee your satisfaction.
- Essential cookies for Website operations
“Essential” cookies are necessary for Website browsing and allow you to use the Website’s main features.
For example, these cookies are intended particularly for:
- saving your choices or desire not to make a choice about tracker cookies;
- service authentication;
- saving the contents of a shopping cart;
- customizing the interface.
Removing them may make it hard to browse the Website or may make it impossible to place an order. These cookies may be installed on your device by Parfums Givenchy or its service providers.
These cookies enable or facilitate digital communications and/or may be strictly necessary for the provision of an online communication service at your express request. As a result, they do not require your prior consent. Saving or reading such cookies is necessary for provision of the service and will be based on Parfums Givenchy’s legitimate interest in implementing such processing for the proper use of its Website.
- Personalization cookies
Personalization cookies allow us to personalize and improve your user experience, for example by making your searches easier and optimizing your shopping experience. They also allow us to adapt the look of the Website to your device display during your visits.
Such cookies are saved or read, subject to your prior consent. If you refuse these cookies, you will not be able to benefit from the functionalities described in this paragraph.
- Analytical cookies
Analytical cookies make it possible to gauge the audience for various Website content, to establish visitor statistics and volumes in order to evaluate and improve our service ergonomics. These cookies include those used to create similar profiles that will be prospected according to your information.
The information communicated to technical service providers is transmitted in the form of aggregate statistics and traffic volumes, excluding any personal information. These statistics are reconciled with the traffic statistics of other websites, as well as with your customer data.
Such cookies are saved or read, subject to your prior consent. Refusing the implementation of or deleting such cookies does not affect your Website browsing but is likely to prevent us from ensuring the best quality of service we wish to offer our visitors.
- Sharing cookies (social links)
Our Website may include third-party computer applications that allow you to share Website content with others, or to publish your visit or opinion of Website content to these other persons. This is notably the case for “Share” and “Like” buttons on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
The social network providing such application buttons is likely to identify you through this button, if you use the button, and even if you have not used this button but are signed in to the social network when you consult the Website (open session during your browsing). Share buttons will allow you to connect the contents consulted to your user account.
We have no control over the process social networks use to collect information about your Website browsing and associated with the personal data at their disposal. We invite you to consult the privacy protection policies of these social networks.
- Advertising cookies
Advertising cookies are not essential for browsing but allow you to see more relevant advertisements personalized to your interests on the Website as well as other websites you may browse. As such, advertising cookies allow, for example, the display of advertising, capping the display (not presenting the same advertising to a user in a repetitive manner), combatting click fraud, billing the display service, the measurement of targets more interested in the advertising to better understand the audience, etc.
Advertising content personalization can also be achieved by using our partner’s technology, to associate your device’s Website browsing information with the data you provided us when you registered.
Saving or reading such cookies is subject to your prior consent. Refusing these advertising cookies has no impact on your use of the Website, nor will it stop advertising on the Website. However, we will be unable to offer you advertising that takes your interests into account.
HOW LONG ARE THE COOKIES KEPT?
Cookies saved on your device have a maximum lifespan of thirteen (13) months. At the end of this period, personal data collected through the cookies will be deleted.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES SAVED ON YOUR DEVICE
Cookies saved on your device have a maximum lifespan of thirteen (13) months. At the end of this period, personal data collected through the cookies will be deleted.
There are various ways to manage the implementation of cookies, as presented below.
If your device is used by more than one person and operates more than one browser, we cannot be certain that the services and advertisements sent to your device are appropriate for your personal use of your device, rather than of another user of your device. If you choose to share your device and browser cookie settings with others, you are responsible for doing so at your own discretion.
You can express your choices using:
- The cookie manager
You can decide whether cookies are saved on your device using the cookie settings tool by clicking here, in the cookie banner or in the Website footer.
Cookies are managed for cookie purposes.
- Your browser settings
You can also configure your browser to accept and save cookies on your device or to reject them.
Each browser has different settings. These are usually described in your browser help menu. We therefore recommend reading it. This will show you how to change your cookie preferences.
- For Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-euro/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- For Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
- For Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- For Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Please note: any choices in your browser settings concerning the acceptance or refusal of cookies will be likely to modify your Internet browsing experience and your access to the Website and certain services requiring the use of these same cookies.
- On the Youronlinechoices website
You can connect to the Youronlinechoices website (https://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices) built by digital advertising professionals. This website allows you to refuse or accept cookies that may be used to personalize the advertisements shown to you while you browse. This European platform is shared by hundreds of Internet advertising professionals. However, this will not prevent advertisements from being displayed on the websites you visit. It will only block technologies that allow advertising to be tailored to your interests.