LVMH Fragrance Brands respects the confidentiality and privacy of your personal data.
This website (the “Website”) is owned by LVMH Fragrance Brands LCC (“Givenchy Beauty”), a luxury perfume, skincare and cosmetic company with its global headquarters in Paris, France and its United States headquarters in New York, New York.
PERSONAL DATA - DEFINED
Personal data is information that can directly or indirectly identify a specific person, such as their last name, first name, date of birth, customer number, order number, photo, etc.
I. PERSONAL DATA COLLECTION POINTS
We may collect your personal data when you:
- Create a customer account on our website, apps, or in our stores;
- Order goods from our website;
- Make purchases in stores;
- Join our loyalty program;
- Use our online services, such as the chat service;
- Agree to receive marketing communications from us by email, telephone, sms or post, depending on your selection;
- Answer surveys or satisfaction questionnaires based on your customer experience;
- Interact with our company via its official page on social networks or when we suggest re-use of content that you have published on a social network;
- Contact our customer service;
- Send requests for information to our company;
- Take part in an event we organize;
- Browse on the internet using cookies or similar technology or when you click on advertisements for our products.
II. TYPES OF PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED
Personal data essential to Givenchy Beauty, such as how to contact you in relation to a question or where to send your purchase, is marked with an asterisk on all personal data collection forms on our website, in electronic form at some of our counters and stores, as well as off-line in paper form. If you do not fill in these compulsory fields, Givenchy Beauty will probably be unable to respond to your request and/or provide you with the requested services. Other information is optional and enables us to get to know you better and improve our communications and services with respect to you. We may also collect certain data generated by your purchases of products or services, online or in stores, particularly information regarding the amount and type of your purchases This naturally helps us identify other items that may be of interest to you.
The indirect collection of personal information relates to the use of our website, especially with respect to your browsing (pages visited, links clicked, etc.). Some of this information may be collected using cookies placed in your web browser when you browse our website. For more information about cookies, please see our 'Information on Cookie Management' at the end of this Policy.
Personal data essential to Givenchy Beauty, such as how to contact you in relation to a question or where to send your purchase, is marked with an asterisk on all personal data collection forms on our website, in electronic form at some of our counters and stores, as well as off-line in paper form. If you do not fill in these compulsory fields, Givenchy Beauty will probably be unable to respond to your request and/or provide you with the requested services. Other information is optional and enables us to get to know you better and improve our communications and services with respect to you.
We may also collect certain data generated by your purchases of products or services, online or in stores, particularly information regarding the amount and type of your purchases This naturally helps us identify other items that may be of interest to you. The indirect collection of personal information relates to the use of our website, especially with respect to your browsing (pages visited, links clicked, etc.). Some of this information may be collected using cookies placed in your web browser when you browse our website. For more information about cookies, please see our 'Information on Cookie Management' at the end of this Policy.
III. USE OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Givenchy Beauty uses the personal data we collect for the following types of purposes:
- Enable you to create a customer account on our website, applications and at our counters and in our stores;
- Manage your access to your customer account on the internet or our applications;
- Process and manage your online orders and their delivery, as well as any questions or returns;
- Record purchases made at our counters or in our stores;
- Secure online transactions, prevent fraud, payment incidents and manage debt collection (see our terms and conditions for more details) ;
- Manage customer relations with respect to any requests for information or complaints you may send us via our website, customer service or social network pages;
- Trace and manage any alerts you may send us as part of our cosmetic vigilance obligations;
- Manage and optimize your customer experience by improving our knowledge of our customers and their browsing and use of our website;
- Propose appropriate, tailored services, particularly when we enhance our products and services;
- Conduct statistical analyses to develop management, measuring and reporting tools in order to adjust and improve our sales, marketing and product manufacturing;
- Subject to your consent, send you personalized information on our offers, news and events on your chosen communication media and analyze your preferences and habits, anticipate your needs from of your consumer profile;
- Manage your participation in any events to which you have signed up;
- For any necessary legal, regulatory or compliance purposes.
IV. WHAT LEGAL GROUNDS LEGITIMISE THE PROCESSING OF YOUR DATA
Givenchy Beauty processes your personal information:
- To perform the contract agreed between yourself and Givenchy Beauty, to manage your access to your customer account and to process and track your orders;
- Record purchases made at our counters or in our stores;
- Within the framework of its legitimate interest for the purposes of marketing management (improving our product and services), securing its digital media (websites, applications, etc.), managing payments incidents and debt collection and combating fraud;
- When you have given your consent for the processing of your data, especially for the purposes of managing our sales prospection, and of your browsing data via cookies, etc.
- Within the framework of compliance with our legal obligations, particularly fiscal obligations (conserving purchase invoices) and cosmetic vigilance with regard to Regulation (EU) 1223/2009 of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products.
V. RECIPIENTS OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your personal data is processed by the personnel of Givenchy Beauty. We ensure that only authorized persons within Givenchy Beauty have access to your personal data when this is necessary for the purpose of managing our commercial relations or meeting our legal obligations.
We may also share your personal data with;
- Other entities of the LVMH Group, as well as those that may become part of the Group in the futures;
- Other third-parties, if necessary, to meet legal, regulatory or export obligations, or to respond to requests from legal authorities;
- Subcontractors, such as:
Site hosting and maintenance service providers and the providers of our electronic personal data collection solutions at counters and in stores;
Payment service providers;
Anti-fraud service providers;
Logistic service providers;
Marketing solution service providers;
Sales prospection and social network communication service providers;
Customer service providers;
Service providers for managing cosmetic vigilance alerts;
Event organization service providers;
Lastly, GIVENCHY BEAUTY may need to share your personal data with third parties to meet its legal, regulatory or treaty obligations, or to respond to requests from authorized legal authorities.
- In the unlikely event that Givenchy Beauty divests from the LVMH Group, or becomes affiliated with another group, your data may be entrusted to the target, but only upon receipt of written assurances that they will uphold a similar level of protection and surrounding restrictions relating to the data.
- Third parties who assist Givenchy Beauty with our customer activities, so that we can provide excellent customer service and continue to offer cosmetic products that are highly desirable to our customers.
To the extent that your data is shared with external partners, we require those partners to enter into written agreements confirming that they will uphold a comparable level of protection for your data as that provided by Givenchy Beauty.
VI. CROSS-BORDER TRANSFERS OF YOUR DATA
Some recipients of your personal data may be located abroad, including outside USA.
All data transfers outside your country of residence are subject to appropriate guarantees, especially contractual, technical and organizational guarantees, that comply with applicable regulations relating to the protection of personal data.
VII. SECURITY OF YOUR DATA
Givenchy Beauty has implemented physical, technical, administrative and operational safeguards that are designed to protect your personal data from and against loss, misuse, alteration, destruction and unauthorized access. The safeguards are updated from time to time in order to ensure that your data remains adequately protected, such as in relation to new threats and risks, and to address new requirements, standards and technologies.
VIII. RETENTION OF YOUR DATA
IX. YOUR RIGHTS & HOW TO EXERCISE THEM
Givenchy Beauty respects the rights of individuals with respect to their personal data. All individuals have the right to withdraw consent to use their data for marketing-related purposes. You also have the right to update your information on file with us, such as your email address, phone number, and marketing-related preferences. And, if you have a question about our handling of your data or believe it has been mismanaged, you have the right to contact us. Please use the contact details provided below to do so.
Some of the individual rights vary by region. Givenchy Beauty has adopted practices to ensure that we fulfill those region-specific rights for website visitors and other individuals who entrust us with personal data.
European Union, European Economic Area, and U.K. Residents
Givenchy Beauty recognizes and has addressed data protection and security measures that are required on a local or regional level. This includes, for example, those required for residents of the European Union/European Economic Area under the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016/679 and those required for California residents under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (AB 375, California Civil Code Title 1.81.5, Section 1798.100 et seq.).
In particular, the GDPR provides the following rights (with some exceptions):
- The right to be informed: you have the right to obtain clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data, and your rights. You will find all this information in this Policy;
- The right of access: you have the right to access to the personal data Givenchy Beauty holds about you;
- The right of rectification: you have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is incorrect or outdated and / or completed if it is incomplete;
- The right to erasure / right to be forgotten: you have the right to have your personal data erased or deleted. Please note this is not an absolute right, as we may have legal or legitimate grounds for retaining your personal data;
- The right to object: you have the right at any time to object to the processing of your data within the limits established by GDPR or law;
- The right to withdraw consent at any time for data processing based on consent: You can withdraw your consent to our processing of your data when such processing is based on consent; and
- The right to data portability: you have the right to move, copy or transfer data from our database to another. This only applies to data that you have provided, where processing is based on a contract or your consent, and the processing is carried out by automated means.
You are also entitled to determine your personal data protection guidelines and directives in the event of death or extern circumstances.
You also have the right to contact the data protection authority of your country in order to lodge a complaint against the data protection and privacy practices of Givenchy Beauty.
Please contact us at the contact details below to exercise these rights or if you have any questions or complaints regarding the processing of your personal data.
We may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we process it.
Givenchy Beauty does not ‘sell’ personal information as that term is defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act of 2018 (CCPA). As an added assurance to California residents who entrust their personal data to us, they may also sign up for a Do Not Sell My Information Log that we maintain. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits our visitors who are California residents to request information pertaining to the personal information that we hold about them, as well as the right to request a copy of their information, and the right to request deletion of their information. There are certain exceptions and limitations that apply. Please click here to view our CCPA Privacy Notice, which includes additional information as well as links to exercise those rights.
As also described in the CCPA Privacy Notice, California residents can also exercise these rights directly by emailing us at email@example.com, and include “CCPA Rights” in the reference line, or by reaching out to us using the contact information listed in the Contact Us section below.
Givenchy Beauty does not ‘sell’ personal information as defined under Nevada’s consumer privacy law (SB 220). As an added assurance to individuals who entrust their personal data to us, they may sign up for a Do Not Sell My Information Log that we maintain. To do so, please email us at us firstname.lastname@example.org, and include the reference line “Nevada Do Not Sell”. We may contact you for additional information in order to process your request.
X. COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA FROM MINORS
Givenchy Beauty complies with federal and applicable state requirements relating to the collection of personal information from minors for marketing-related purposes. This website is not intended for minors under the age of 13. Should we unintentionally collect information from a minor via this site, it will be irreversibly deleted once that error is identified.
XI. CONTACT US
For all questions relating to the collection and processing of your data by Givenchy Beauty, you can contact the Givenchy Beauty Data Protection Officer at email@example.com. You can also call us at +1-929-270-4073, or write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NOTICE ABOUT COOKIE MANAGEMENT
This Notice about cookies applies when visiting the website available at https://www.givenchybeauty.com which belongs to Parfums Givenchy (hereinafter “Parfums
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
Subject to your choices, when visiting the Website, a text file may be placed on your device (computer, smartphone, tablet), courtesy of your web browser.
This text file is a cookie. During its validity or registration period, it will allow the sender to identify your device on future visits.
Some cookies are essential for using the Website, others optimize and personalize the contents displayed.
WHO SENDS THE COOKIES ON OUR WEBSITE?
Cookies that may be saved to your device when you visit the Website pages are issued by Parfums Givenchy and/or third parties. Only the cookie issuer is likely to read or modify the information contained within it.
Cookies sent by Parfums Givenchy are mainly related to the operation of the Website.
The others are third party cookies sent by our partners or advertising agencies, via the advertisements shown on our Website.
Parfums Givenchy makes every effort to ensure that third-party cookies are issued and used in compliance with the applicable regulations.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE COOKIES ISSUED VIA THE WEBSITE?
Subject to your choices, various cookies may be installed on your device for the purposes detailed below. For the sake of transparency and in as much depth as possible, we inform you of the purposes of the third-party cookies that we are aware of, and the ways in which you can make choices about these cookies. All cookies may be cross-referenced with your customer data in order to personalize your experience, limit commercial interaction, ensure the proper functioning of your loyalty benefits, improve our services and guarantee your satisfaction.
- Essential cookies for Website operations
“Essential” cookies are necessary for Website browsing and allow you to use the Website’s main features.
For example, these cookies are intended particularly for:
- saving your choices or desire not to make a choice about tracker cookies;
- service authentication;
- saving the contents of a shopping cart;
- customizing the interface.
Removing them may make it hard to browse the Website or may make it impossible to place an order. These cookies may be installed on your device by Parfums Givenchy or its service providers.
These cookies enable or facilitate digital communications and/or may be strictly necessary for the provision of an online communication service at your express request. As a result, they do not require your prior consent. Saving or reading such cookies is necessary for provision of the service and will be based on Parfums Givenchy’s legitimate interest in implementing such processing for the proper use of its Website.
- Personalization cookies
Personalization cookies allow us to personalize and improve your user experience, for example by making your searches easier and optimizing your shopping experience. They also allow us to adapt the look of the Website to your device display during your visits.
Such cookies are saved or read, subject to your prior consent. If you refuse these cookies, you will not be able to benefit from the functionalities described in this paragraph.
- Analytical cookies
Analytical cookies make it possible to gauge the audience for various Website content, to establish visitor statistics and volumes in order to evaluate and improve our service ergonomics. These cookies include those used to create similar profiles that will be prospected according to your information.
The information communicated to technical service providers is transmitted in the form of aggregate statistics and traffic volumes, excluding any personal information. These statistics are reconciled with the traffic statistics of other websites, as well as with your customer data.
Such cookies are saved or read, subject to your prior consent. Refusing the implementation of or deleting such cookies does not affect your Website browsing but is likely to prevent us from ensuring the best quality of service we wish to offer our visitors.
- Sharing cookies (social links)
Our Website may include third-party computer applications that allow you to share Website content with others, or to publish your visit or opinion of Website content to these other persons. This is notably the case for “Share” and “Like” buttons on social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
The social network providing such application buttons is likely to identify you through this button, if you use the button, and even if you have not used this button but are signed in to the social network when you consult the Website (open session during your browsing). Share buttons will allow you to connect the contents consulted to your user account.
We have no control over the process social networks use to collect information about your Website browsing and associated with the personal data at their disposal. We invite you to consult the privacy protection policies of these social networks.
- Advertising cookies
Advertising cookies are not essential for browsing but allow you to see more relevant advertisements personalized to your interests on the Website as well as other websites you may browse. As such, advertising cookies allow, for example, the display of advertising, capping the display (not presenting the same advertising to a user in a repetitive manner), combatting click fraud, billing the display service, the measurement of targets more interested in the advertising to better understand the audience, etc.
Advertising content personalization can also be achieved by using our partner’s technology, to associate your device’s Website browsing information with the data you provided us when you registered.
Saving or reading such cookies is subject to your prior consent. Refusing these advertising cookies has no impact on your use of the Website, nor will it stop advertising on the Website. However, we will be unable to offer you advertising that takes your interests into account.
HOW LONG ARE THE COOKIES KEPT?
Cookies saved on your device have a maximum lifespan of thirteen (13) months. At the end of this period, personal data collected through the cookies will be deleted.
HOW TO MANAGE COOKIES SAVED ON YOUR DEVICE
Cookies saved on your device have a maximum lifespan of thirteen (13) months. At the end of this period, personal data collected through the cookies will be deleted.
There are various ways to manage the implementation of cookies, as presented below.
If your device is used by more than one person and operates more than one browser, we cannot be certain that the services and advertisements sent to your device are appropriate for your personal use of your device, rather than of another user of your device. If you choose to share your device and browser cookie settings with others, you are responsible for doing so at your own discretion.
You can express your choices using:
- The cookie manager
You can decide whether cookies are saved on your device using the cookie settings tool by clicking here, in the cookie banner or in the Website footer.
Cookies are managed for cookie purposes.
- Your browser settings
You can also configure your browser to accept and save cookies on your device or to reject them.
Each browser has different settings. These are usually described in your browser help menu. We therefore recommend reading it. This will show you how to change your cookie preferences.
- For Internet Explorer: https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Safari: https://support.apple.com/en-euro/guide/safari/sfri11471/mac
- For Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
- For Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/cookies-information-websites-store-on-your-computer
- For Opera: https://help.opera.com/en/latest/web-preferences/#cookies
Please note: any choices in your browser settings concerning the acceptance or refusal of cookies will be likely to modify your Internet browsing experience and your access to the Website and certain services requiring the use of these same cookies.
- On the Youronlinechoices website
You can connect to the Youronlinechoices website (https://www.youronlinechoices.com/uk/your-ad-choices) built by digital advertising professionals. This website allows you to refuse or accept cookies that may be used to personalize the advertisements shown to you while you browse. This European platform is shared by hundreds of Internet advertising professionals. However, this will not prevent advertisements from being displayed on the websites you visit. It will only block technologies that allow advertising to be tailored to your interests.
DIVE INTO GIVENCHY BEAUTY UNIVERSE
Be the first to know about new beauty products, inspiring looks, and how-to videos.
with every purchase