LVMH Fragrance Brands pays particular attention to the processing, confidentiality and safety of your personal data.
Givenchy Beauty is a brand of LVMH Fragrance Brands.
LVMH Fragrance Brands, a simplified joint stock company with headquarters located at 77 rue Anatole France 92300 Levallois-Perret, France, registered in the Nanterre trade and companies register under no. 572 082 253, is the data controller of personal data collected on the website www.givenchybeauty.com in the sense of regulations applying to personal data, in particular Regulation (EU) 2016/679 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and the free movement of such data (hereinafter the "GDPR").
I. What is personal data?
Personal data is any information about an identified physical person or a physical person that may be directly or indirectly identified via an identification number or one or more elements particular to them, such as their last name, first name, date of birth, customer number, order number, photo, etc.
II. When can we collect your personal data?
We can collect your personal data when you:
- create a customer account on our website, apps, or in our stores;
- order goods from our website;
- make purchases in stores;
- agree to receive personalized marketing communications from us by email, telephone, SMS or post, depending on your selection;
- answer surveys or satisfaction questionnaires based on your customer experience;
- interact with our Maison via its official page on social networks or when we suggest re-use of content that you have published on a social network;
- your publications/ mentions of our products on social networks;
- information you provide to us via social networks when you visit our pages on social networks (such as your name, likes, location, list of friends and other information described on the social network registration page);
- contact our customer service;
- send requests for information to our Maison;
- take part in an event we organise;
- browse on the Internet using cookies or similar technology or when you click on advertisements for our products.
Visitors to the www.givenchybeauty.com website who browse our products, information and offers may choose to do so without identifying themselves, as well as for point-of-sale searches and social networking.
III. What personal data might we collect?
(i) As part of the services we provide, we may need to collect certain data directly from you using electronic forms on our website, mobile apps or in selected stores, or in paper form, for a range of purposes (see IV for a list of processing purposes) which are limited to those that are relevant and appropriate for that interaction.
Information we might collect includes:
- Your identity
- Your contact details (e.g. email address)
- Your personal preferences in relation to the products we market or to our website (language);
- Information relating to your orders, their tracking and your purchase invoices;
- Information you may provide for our customer service;
- Specific health data if you notify us of any undesirable side-effects concerning any of our products;
- Your bank details if you place an order via our website;
- Your publications/mentions relating to our products on social networks.
Personal data essential to LVMH Fragrance Brands is marked with an asterisk on all personal data collection forms on our website, in electronic form at some of our counters and stores, as well as off-line in paper form. If you do not fill in these compulsory fields, LVMH Fragrance Brands will probably be unable to respond to your request and/or provide you with the requested services. Other information is optional and enables us to get to know you better and improve our communications and services with respect to you.
(ii) We may also collect certain data generated by your purchases of products or services, online or in stores, particularly information regarding the amount and type of your purchases.
We invite you to ensure that your data is regularly updated, either by modifying it directly on our site or by informing us in writing of any modification by referring to the dedicated section " X. What are your rights and how can you exercise them? ".
IV. For what purpose is your personal data collected and used?
LVMH Fragrance Brands processes your data to:
- enable you to create a customer account on our website, applications and at our counters and in our stores;
- manage your access to your customer account on the Internet or our applications;
- process and manage your online orders and their delivery;
- record purchases made at our counters or in our stores;
- secure online transactions, prevent fraud, payment incidents and manage debt collection (see our terms and conditions for more details) ;
- manage customer relations with respect to any requests for information or complaints you may send us via our website, customer service or social network pages;
- trace and manage any alerts you may send us as part of our cosmetic vigilance obligations;
- manage and optimise your customer experience by improving our knowledge of our customers;
- propose appropriate, tailored services, particularly when we enhance our products and services;
- conduct statistical analyses to develop management, measuring and reporting tools in order to adjust and improve our sales, marketing and product manufacturing;
- manage your participation in any events to which you have signed up;
- carry out audience analysis or statistics;
- analyze your preferences and habits, anticipate your needs based on your consumer profile and your posts/comments about our products on social networks;
- analyse our brand performance on social networks in order to produce statistical analysis (market research, brand influence and campaign analysis).
- promote our Maison ;
- manage your participation in the events for which you register;
- send a generic newsletter: you have the right to object if you no longer wish to receive it
- subject to your free, specific, informed and unambiguous consent: to send you personalised information and use third party services to personalise your profile.
In the latter interaction, when we send personalised communications or content, we may use so-called profiling techniques. For the sake of transparency within this Policy, profiling is defined as any form of automated processing of personal data that consists of using that personal data to evaluate certain personal aspects relating to a natural person, in particular to analyse or predict elements concerning the preferences, interests, behaviour, location of that natural person. In these circumstances, you have the right to withdraw your consent.
V. What legal grounds legitimise the processing of your data?
LVMH Fragrance Brands processes your personal information:
- to perform the contract agreed between yourself and LVMH Fragrance Brands, to manage your access to your customer account, and to process and track your orders;
- Our legitimate interest: for example, to improve our products and services, to defend ourselves, to secure our tools or to refine our customer knowledge through our third party partners' tools and in particular to :
- to define the personalised profile of our customers based on their interests and to provide them with relevant offers of our brand on other websites;
- identify audiences similar to our target audience (in order to deliver our offers to audiences of people with similar profiles to our customers).
- when you have given your consent for the processing of your data, especially for the purposes of managing our personalized sales prospection, and of your browsing data via cookies, etc.
- within the framework of compliance with our legal obligations, particularly fiscal obligations (conserving purchase invoices) and cosmetic vigilance with regard to Regulation (EU) 1223/2009 of 30 November 2009 on cosmetic products;
VI. Who are the recipients of your personal data?
Your personal data is processed by the personnel of LVMH Fragrance Brands. We ensure that only authorised persons within LVMH Fragrance Brands have access to your personal data when this is necessary for the purpose of managing our commercial relations or meeting our legal obligations.
We may also disclose your personal data, if possible in a form that does not allow direct identification, to :
- others LVMH Fragrance Brands entities and department shops where you buy our products in order to provide you with the same personal service all over the world;
- other LVMH Fragrance Brands subsidiaries in Europe or abroad, as well as with our parent company LVMH Fragrance Brands;
- other entities of the LVMH Group, with some of these entities acting as data processors;
- subcontractors, such as:
- site hosting and maintenance service providers and the providers of our electronic personal data collection solutions at counters and in stores;
- payment service providers;
- anti-fraud service providers;
- logistic service providers;
- marketing solution service providers;
- customer service providers;
- service providers for managing cosmetic vigilance alerts;
- event organisation service providers;
- third parties, including the LVMH Group, who wish to learn about your preferences and patterns of use of our programs and services in order to improve their visibility, accessibility and performance.
- third parties who carry out statistics relating to our performance on social networks on our behalf.
- third parties wishing to know your interests so that they can build up similar audiences and target prospects corresponding to your profile. In the context of this specific processing, these partners may re-use the personal data made available to them to carry out autonomous and distinct targeting for commercial prospecting purposes, for which they are responsible, and are responsible for their legal and regulatory obligations.
- Please note that in the context of re-use, these partners act as data controllers. You should therefore refer to their own privacy policies. We illustrate some examples in the table below:
- Third parties in the event of a change of control or a change of status or company name for legal reasons
- You may also choose to disclose your personal data to our partners, advertisers and affiliates by following a link to and from their websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies.
- We may also offer you the opportunity to use your social network login details. Please note that in this case you share your profile information with us. The personal data shared depends on the configuration of the social network platform. Please note that these social networks have their own privacy policies.
Lastly, LVMH Fragrance Brands may need to share your personal data with third parties to meet its legal, regulatory or treaty obligations, or to respond to requests from authorised legal authorities.
VII. How do we ensure the protection and confidentiality of your data?
The security measures we have in place are evaluated and updated to meet new threats and challenges, as well as new legal requirements in the countries where we operate.
We require our partners and Group companies to maintain a similar level of protection for your personal data as we do. We take reasonable precautions to ensure the confidentiality and security of your data. We prevent your data from being distorted, damaged, destroyed or accessed by unauthorised third parties.
Your bank details are not transmitted unencrypted on the servers of LVMH Fragrance Brands. Payments are made via a secure payment platform, supplemented by control measures, in order to guarantee the security of purchases made on www.givenchybeauty.com and to fight against fraud.
The details of your payment card communicated at the time of your order are never accessible in clear text on the network: they are encrypted using the SSL (Secure Socket Layer) protocol.
VIII. Data transfers abroad
Because LVMH Fragrance Brands operates in many countries around the world and in order to provide you with a personalised service worldwide, some of your data may be collected, accessed or stored outside your country of residence.
You should be aware that data protection and security requirements differ from place to place and may not provide the same level of protection as in your home country.
You are informed that your data may be transferred for the purposes mentioned above to companies located in countries outside the European Union which have a lower level of data protection than the European Union. Prior to the transfer outside the European Union, LVMH Fragrance Brands will take all necessary measures and guarantees to secure such transfers.
Data may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our service providers.
IX. How long do we keep your data?
The legal retention periods defined by LVMH Fragrance Brands comply with the recommendations of the National Authority of your country and/or the legal obligations to which LVMH Fragrance Brands is subject.
We keep your personal data only for as long as is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, to meet your needs, or to comply with our legal obligations.
In general, your personal data is kept in our database:
- Data subject: Regular customer (i.e.: having a Customer profile)
- Duration: 5 years from the date of the first purchase or account creation
- Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with LVMH Fragrance Brands (for example a purchase or an update of your profile) or your consent to continue to interact at the end of this period
- Data subject: Prospect (i.e. never purchased products from LVMH Fragrance Brands but registered for our communications)
- Duration: 3 years from the date of data collection
- Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with LVMH Fragrance Brands (e.g. participation in an event) or your consent to continue to interact at the end of this period
- Data subject: Client ‘Guest’ (i.e. not having a Client account)
- Duration: 5 years from the date of first purchase
- Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with LVMH Fragrance Brands (e.g. a purchase)
- Data subject: customer care (i.e.: complaints or information)
- Duration: duration of the processing of the request plus 5 years. For exercises of rights, under GDPR, the request is kept during its treatment plus 6 years
- Data subject: cosmetovigilance
- Duration: duration of the processing of the request plus 10 years
- Data subject: Privileged interlocutors (e.g. agents, stylists, journalist, celebrity managers, artists) in relation to Maison LVMH Fragrance Brands Public Relations services
- Duration: 10 years from the date of your first contact
- Specificity: This period will be renewed each time you interact with LVMH Fragrance Brands (for example a request for information on the LVMH Fragrance Brands)
If cookies are placed on your computer, we keep them for a maximum of 6 months.
When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is deleted from our systems and our registers or made anonymous so that it can no longer be identified, subject to retention for archival purposes. claims and litigation management as well as to meet our legal and / or regulatory obligations and / or to respond to requests from authorities authorized to make the request.
X. What are your rights and how can you exercise them?
In particular, the GDPR provides the following rights:
- Right to information: you have the right to obtain clear, transparent and understandable information about how we use your personal data and about your rights. You will find all of this information in this Statement
- Right of access: you have the right to access the personal data that LVMH Fragrance Brands holds about you
- Right of rectification: you have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is inaccurate or obsolete and / or to supplement it if it is incomplete
- Right to erasure / right to be forgotten: you have the right to have your data erased or deleted. However, this right may be limited by a legal reason or our legitimate interest in keeping your personal data
- Right of opposition: you can at any time request to no longer receive our communications relating to our offers, news and events. You can in particular use the hypertext link provided for this purpose in each email or communication that we send to you. You can also request to receive non-personalized communications about our products and services
- Right to withdraw consent at any time for data processing based on consent: you can withdraw your consent relating to our processing of your data when this processing is based on consent
- Right to data portability: you have the right to move, copy or transfer data from our database to another. This right only applies to the data you have provided, and provided that the processing is based on a contract or your consent and carried out using automated processes
These rights can be directly exercised by contacting us by using the online form or by telephone on +44 20 76 602 924 (landline charges apply) or send a non-registered letter to Parfums Givenchy RGPD -Service Qualité 7 avenue Montaigne – BP 742 60 007 Beauvais Cedex.
You also have the right to contact LVMH Fragrance Brands's lead data protection authority, the ICO, at any time to lodge a complaint against LVMH Fragrance Brands. The ICO can be contacted through the following information:
Information, Commissioner’s Office - ICO
Tel. 0303 123 1113
We also wish to inform you about the contacts of other authorities in Europe that you can find and contact on the website of the European Data Protection Board: https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_fr
XI. Contact details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO)
For all questions relating to the collection and processing of your data by LVMH Fragrance Brands you can contact the LVMH Fragrance Brands Data Protection Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org
Last update: 08/02/2022