1. What is a Cookie?
A Cookie refers to a text file that can be downloaded onto a dedicated space on the hard disk of your device* when you visit an online service, thanks to your browser software. A Cookie file allows its generator to identify the device on which it is downloaded, during the validity period or downloading of said Cookie.
* Device means the physical equipment (computer, tablet, smartphone, etc.) that you use to visit or see displayed a website, application, advertising content, etc.
2. Cookies that we generate on our website
When you connect to our Website, we may, subject to your choice, install various cookies on your device which will allow us to recognize its browser during the validity period of the cookie concerned.
The Cookies that we generate allow us to:
- prepare statistics including frequency of access and the use of various elements that make up our Website (sections and contents visited, searches, etc.), allowing us to improve the interest and ergonomics of our services;
- adapt the presentation of our Website to the display preferences of your device (language used, display resolution, operating system used, etc.) during your visits to our Website, according to the materials and data visualization or reading software that your device incorporates;
- memorize information relating to a form that you have filled out on our Website (registration or access to your account) or to products, services or information that you have chosen on our Website (subscribed service, contents of a shopping cart, etc.);
- enable you to access reserved and personal spaces on our Website, such as your account, thanks to identifiers or data that you may have previously provided us with;
- implement security measures, for example when you are requested to login again to a content or a service after a certain time period has lapsed.
3. The Cookies generated on our site by third parties
Cookies generated by third-party applications integrated within our Website:
We may include software applications emanating from third parties on our Website, which enable you to share the contents of our Website with other persons or to make these other persons aware of your visit to our Website, or your opinion of its contents. This is particularly the case of the “Share” and “Like” buttons, derived from social networks (such as “Facebook”, “Twitter”, etc.).
The social network that provides such an application button may identify you because of this button, even if you did not use this button when you visited our Website. Indeed, this type of application button may allow the social network concerned to follow your browsing our Website, simply because your account for that social network account was activated on your device (you were logged in) whilst browsing our Website.
We have no control on the process employed by social networks to collect information relating to your browsing our Website and associated with the personal data that they hold. We invite you to consult the privacy policies of these social networks in order to be aware of the purpose, particularly as regards advertising, of browser information that they may gather due to these application buttons. These protection policies must, in particular, allow you to exercise your choices with these social networks, especially by programming your user accounts for each of these networks.
4. Your choices concerning cookies
You can choose to express and change your wishes as regards cookies at any time, by using the methods outlined below.
4.1 The options available from your browser software:
You may also program your browser software so that cookies are downloaded on your device or, on the contrary, that they are disabled, either systematically or according to their generator. You may also program your browser software so that you are able to enable or disable cookies selectively, before they can be downloaded on your device. For more information please see the “How to choose cookies depending on your browser?” section.
(a) Consent regarding Cookies
The downloading of Cookies on a device is essentially subject to the consent of the user of the device, which may be expressed and amended at any time, free of charge, via the options offered to you via your browser software.
If, in your browser software, you have accepted to download Cookies on your device, the cookies integrated in the pages and contents that you have visited may be stored temporarily in a dedicated space on your device. They are only readable by the cookie generator.
(b) Disabling Cookies
Where appropriate, we do not accept any liability for the consequences linked to the reduced operation of our services resulting from the fact that Sephora is unable to download or consult the cookies necessary to their operations and which you have disabled or deleted.
(c) How to choose cookies depending on your browser?
For managing cookies and your choices, each browser configuration is different. This is described in the help menu of your browser and will assist you in choosing cookies.
For Internet Explorer™: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-vista/block-or-allow-cookies,
For Safari™: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?path=Safari/3.0/fr/9277.html,
For Chrome™: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en,
For Firefox™: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences,
For Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html 
4.2. Your choices expressed online through inter-professional platforms
With regard to advertising cookies, you may also connect to the website “Youronlinechoices”, offered by digital advertising professionals grouped within the European association EDAA (European Digital Advertising Alliance) and managed in France by the Interactive Advertising Bureau France.
In this way, you will be able to see the businesses registered on this platform and which offer you the possibility of refusing or accepting cookies used by these businesses in order to tailor the advertising likely to be displayed on your device to your browser information:
This European platform is shared by hundreds of advertising professionals on the Internet and constitutes a centralized interface allowing you to express your refusal or acceptance of cookies that may be used in order to tailor the advertising likely to be displayed to your device’s browser. Please note that this procedure does not prevent advertising displays on the websites that you visit. It will only block technologies that allow advertising to be adapted to your fields of interest.